What we Say:
If you want the ultimate in dynamics, scale and control then an active system is the way forward. The SCM40 features a built in active crossover network that offers much lower distortion, greater efficiency and greater accuracy than a standard passive crossover. This means that all the power from the three built-in power amplifiers is available for the loudspeakers to use. It also means that the amplifiers can be tailored to suit the individual driver requirements. This model uses the famous ATC 75mm mid driver which is fantastic at reproducing vocals.Enquire about the ATC SCM40A >
What they say:
- New ATC designed and built dual suspension 25mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
- ATC Soft Dome mid-range driver.
- ATC 164mm short coil bass driver.
- All drive units incorporate massive optimised motor assemblies.
- On-board grounded source 242 watt Class A/B Tri-amplifier.
- Active crossover filters and overload protection.
- 6 year warranty.
“these ATCs… take all in their stride, revealing a lovely cohesion throughout the frequency range. Resolution, timing and dynamics are all spot-on… factor in the built-in amplification, exotically engineered in-house drive units and the resultant exceptional sound quality, and the SCM40As emerge as something of a high-end bargain. Consider us smitten.” What Hi-Fi, March 2015.